I’ve been testing the very very long awaited integration between Zenith and Autotask on their prerelease server and I am more than impressed. While the fix-it first list I gave to their dev team was long and I would like to see a LOT more information pulled (yes I have high expectations), what they have pre-release was quite impressive.
- New Asset Import Wizard - Devices can be logically imported (created new or merged) from Zenith into Autotask Configuration Management though the most intuitive wizard I’ve see yet from our friends in Albany. On my first test run I imported over 200 workstations and servers into Autotask and was able to quickly assign an Asset Type and associate each with the appropriate agreement for compliance tracking. Very slick!
- Round Trip Ticket Flow!!! - Yes it is finally here! You can now update, modify or reassign tickets between your techs and the Zenith NOC all from within an Autotask ticket.
- UI needs some adjusting for less clicks (that is ALWAYS my first complaint).
- The initial setup documentation needs more work for better explanation of what Zenith Statuses are compared to the default statuses of Autotask.
- Need more data! Zenith contains tons of great data about the assets and it would make sense to bring some additional items over for information reasons.
Over all, I’m giving this integration project from Autotask a 4.5 out of 5 stars and it’s not even out of beta yet!
PS (sorry to my good cop friend down south - I had to give props where props are due…)